One of my dreams has always been to have a craft/hobby & gift wrap room in my home. I actually now have the space for one but it’s still in the design stage. And I have to ask myself, do I need an entire room for this or would a designated area work almost as well? It has been so much fun exploring the designs, ideas, and possibilities for this “dream-come-true” room of mine.
Oh! The ugliness….of my foundation!
FLOATING SHELVES ~ Greatest thing ever!
What an amazing way to add a BURST of fun to a room! I just love the idea of painting window frames and trim. And HOW CHEAP!
Remember the term window dressing? Well, there are still experts who refer to the “ART of window dressing.” They may be in the blinds and shutters business, I don’t know, but painting windows certainly adds to the creativity and artful sense of the homeowner. Hey wait! That’s YOU!!
- For a classically modern look consider painting the window the same color as the walls. It’s especially fantastic when done in a neutral gray or taupe; and white on white is impeccable.
- Go a little darker than your walls for a restful and yet still very contemporary look.
- There’s always the gray against yellow for something fantastic and fresh, and maybe a little shabby chic.
- And then, of course, there’s always the classic black, the antithesis of bright white (which I happen to love), but maybe a touch more thoughtful.
- Thinking of buying an older home? Does it have natural wood? Lucky you! Natural wood lends a fabulous historical feel to a home. Not in good enough shape? Then here you go! Choose a knock-out paint color and go to town!
Take a look around and decide which rooms could use that CRACK OF COLOR just by painting the windows. Maybe your area needs that ever so important focal point. This could be IT!
I LOVE this idea!
P.S. Painting trim doesn’t stop at windows you know…..
Go a little crazy and if you’re building a new house don’t let the contractor talk you out of your ideas. They do that, you know! Be bold with that baseboard ~ do darker trim than walls if that’s what you want. It will look fabulous!
DIY Creek Bed ~
6….okay…..maybe 8 pointers to a magnificent landscape design
If you love the outdoors and want to enjoy the look and “feel” of a beautiful stream, how about a dry creek bed? The very nature of the term “dry creek bed” can bring to mind a desolate and water-starved scene in the Sahara…NO, NO! You don’t need the water to suggest its presence in the garden. If planned correctly and creatively a dry creek bed can look as though there was once rushing water where pebbles and stones were deposited and the lush of foliage remain.