- Cushions ~ A mixture of….. 1 tsp dishwashing detergent, 1 quart warm water, 1 tbs borax detergent Saturate a sponge and wipe down cushions paying special attention to seams and creases. Rinse with strong stream of water.
- Canvas…Hopefully the canvas is removable; throw it in the washer. If it’s not buy a bar of Fels-Naptha laundry soap. Run a scrub brush across the soap then scrub the canvas. Rinse well. This should remove most stains and bird droppings. Eeeooow!
- White plastic…..3 tbs dishwasher detergent, 1 gallon warm water. This product usually contains a bleaching agent that will whiten the plastic. Wipe down furniture and leave solution on for about 15 minutes, then rinse and dry.
- Colored plastic or resin….. Use an all-purpose cleaner and water. Rinse well.
- To maintain the shine on plastic, resin and metal furniture, wax with a good car wax. Wipe off well as it could stain cushions and clothes.
- Here’s a fun tip! WD-40 ~ spray on faded plastic patio furniture to bring back the color and shine. Simply spray and wipe. Fabulous! Read More
Bella Tucker has a great tutorial on cleaning mildewed cushions at Hometalk.com.
Check out these before and after’s:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5