WHITE, WHITE, WHITE…..
I know some people find white on white boring on boring! I get that. But then there are those that just love the cool, clean, crisp, refreshment of white cabinets. And make no mistake, I am a color lover! But there’s something about decorating a white room.
This is what “they” say:
– “They” say a white kitchen looks less messy than one decorated in dark colors? Yup, that’s what “they” say.
– Did you know that a white room is a fabulous backdrop for great pieces of art?
– Did you know that white makes a room look bigger and airier?
– Did you know that a hodgepodge of vintage stuff looks better in a white room?
– Did you know that white on white can be in a Martha’s Vineyard cottage just as well as in a sleek and contemporary Manhattan loft?
– Did you know that white slip covers can be washed and bleached so white doesn’t necessarily mean NO LITTLE ONES.
– Did you know that white makes a dark, rich wooden floor POP with richness?
– Did you know that white painted plank flooring is the coolest looking thing ever?
– Did you know that painting bricks white is a great way to update and add glamour to a worn out old “pinto” brick fireplace?
Well, I imagine you’ve guessed by now that I really do love white decor. Maybe that’s why I’ve never tired of the 22 year old shabby-chic stuff. To me it’s the essence of classic and comfy!