I guess I’ve been thinking about my mom lately, because many things I see or think about remind me of her. She was a meticulous housekeeper and very organized. She had a place for everything.
We had a closet in a hallway where she kept her brooms, mops, furniture polish, dust cloths, etc. That closet always smelled like Pledge and this floor wax she used to use. She was really ahead of her time, because she had hanging in this closet one of those shoe organizers….you know the kind……the ones everyone are using now days to store everything from “soup to nuts”. I just had to say that, because my mom always said it. She was the queen of clichés! This is where she kept her dust cloths, feather duster, and can of Pledge. I’ll bet she was the very first person to use these shoe holders for something other than shoes!
Well, I just LOVE these handy-dandy organizers. My daughter has one to store
- her kid’s art supplies in
- and how about all the bathroom items there is no room for in drawers or even large medicine cabinets
- You could line your craft closet with these babies and completely fill them
- I have a potting bench in our garage (I will always love my husband for this), what a neat idea to store little garden tools, garden gloves, shovels, rakes, pruners, spray bottles, etc.
- Hair brushes, products and accessories!
- Spices in a pantry
- Scrap booking junkies?? Please!
- Scarves and gloves
- On and on…….. you’ve seen ‘em
Anyway….my mom’s birthday was last week, Mother’s day is in a couple of weeks, and I thought I would just tell you how smart she was.
Way to go MOM!
P.S. If you’ve got a mom that hasn’t thought of this fun little organizing gem, it could be a fun surprise for Mother’s Day.
And yes, these are veggie plants growing right inside this pocket organizer!